Thursday, December 1, 2011



I'm having a little trouble getting my Christmas mojo on. Normally the hanging of lights is the start to the season and takes place on Thanksgiving evening. But this year... I was tired for some reason. "I'll get to it." I kept saying. And then this past Sunday, I came home to discover our living room floor was soaked in water. We discovered the next day that a pipe connected to our water heater had burst, was shooting water into the walls behind our t.v., and flooding the entire carpet. Ew, to say the least. As we moved our entire living room into the dining room, I realized that it was probably a good thing that I didn't get to the holiday decorating. For I would have had to move the tree somewhere...in the kitchen? As it is, we've been exiled to the bedroom during this entire week. That means no DVR, no xbox for the boy, no command station by the window....no common area at all. I think even the dog is bored of being in the bedroom. She probably feels like Anne Frank. 

The pipe has been replaced, the wall patched up/painted and the carpet guy comes tomorrow. Hopefully by Sunday, we'll be fully operational again. And we can get this holiday back on track!



No comments:

Post a Comment