Friday, December 16, 2011

Deck the Halls...

from Ex Libris Journals


Every year I usually find one thing, be it object or collection of words, that embodies my Christmas Mojo. This year I was lucky enough to find it early, try October early! I was surfing an Etsy wave, purchasing at least one vintage item a week. To keep things from getting out of control, I gave myself a $10 - no more than $15 dollar limit. While sifting through vintage holiday die-cut items, I happened upon these lovely little pages. From a shop called, Ex Libris, comes these wonderfully upcycled, vintage book pages turned art piece. Boasting bright printed text and pop imagery, some even include famous quotes and "reworked" versions of timeless classics. My favorite, "KEEP CALM and CAROL ON" to revamp the World War 2 classic, "KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON." They cost $7 bucks a piece and sometimes you can even catch a great deal, like buy 3 get 1 free. 




This year my mojo selected the Santa print above. "That's it." I said to myself the first time I read it. So Kev and I both made separate purchases of 3 to get our 1 free! In my bunch I ordered two holiday themed pieces that I figured would make great decoration around the apartment. The only challenge I ran into was framing. I didn't want to pay to have them framed, as that's sometimes very costly. And books don't usually run in standard frame sizes. lol. But I did find these very inexpensive, festively silver frames at Aaron Brothers. At only $6 bucks a piece, they ended up working perfectly! Instead of framing, I backed each page with merry but simple wrapping paper. It was inexpensive, fun and next year if I feel so inclined, I can change out the backing. Options! I love options. 

Happy Holidays!








1 comment: